Covid 19: Issue 3 - to be or not to be masked

So I spent a while trying to figure out what to write this week.  Should I just put up more graphs?  I probably will but that's not where I want to start.  I then thought about writing about all of the issues with testing and why I won't get a test.  But I figured no one really wanted to hear about that.  So then I thought well, let's research what wearing a mask can do for everyone.  Should we wear a mask or should we not.  I'm going to try to keep my basis out of the discussion, but be forewarned I do not and will not wear a mask.

So let's start out with the masks.  Let's start out with the most effective mask, the N95.  what is it, where is it effective and is is specifically effective with Covid-19.  And please don't take my word for it, but also don't take the politicians or media's word for it either.  Do your own research!

https://aapsonline.org/mask-facts/ This is a great article about masks and there efficacy.  Here are some snippets:

So the size of the virus is really important!  Every mask has a particulate matter rate for filtering out airborne particles.  I not an expert in this area, but because I'm a woodworker I have done some investigation into this as to keep my shop for blowing up or me exhaling stuff that will kill me.

So if we assume that that AAPS is correct, (I've seen numbers from .08um to .125 um for covid-19 so let's take best case, and see what our N95 masks are rated for from the manufactures.   Cause if they don't get it correct, they will ultimately have legal liability.  um = microns just for clarification.


In 2003, UCLA, yes I said UCLA came out and said:

The N95 is made by various manufacturers under different names, from MSA's "Affinity Foldable Respirator" to 3M's "Particulate Respirator." Look for "NIOSH N95" on the package; the "N95" is a government efficiency rating that means the mask blocks about 95 percent of particles that are 0.3 microns in size or larger.

.3 microns, well twice that of Covid-19.  So in 2003 UCLA made claims that N95 masks wouldn't stop any particle less than .3 microns.  Covid-19 at it's largest is .125.

Hmm Interesting.  Well surely the CDC must contradict that, right?
https://www.cdc.gov/niosh/npptl/topics/respirators/disp_part/respsource3surgicaln95.html At that link, it links to all of the N95 manufactures.  I took 3m and here is there "Intended Use snippet".




So even the 3m instructions say they can filter out to .1 micron if it's fitted correctly.  So, the best of the best surgical masks may work for a majority of the covid-19 particles.  

Ok great so all masks work right.  Let's see what the other masks filter out.

https://www.ajicjournal.org/article/S0196-6553(07)00774-2/pdf. This is a great article on the efficacy of different types of surgical masks. 

This study's outlined below.  I think the conclusion speaks for itself.


Oh wait these are "SURGICAL" masks, what about cotton masks, which most of us are wearing.

Let's use this study. https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2020/04/commentary-masks-all-covid-19-not-based-sound-data. What I find most interesting about this study is the editors notes.  They authors are being bullied (In my view) to say things that others want them to say and silence their voices.  That tells me that these 2 experts don't fit the narrative and must be silenced.  

Again, this isn't exhaustive, and I'm not trying to get you to side one way or another.  I want everyone to research the REAL SCIENCE, not the made up words of our politicians.  You also have to be careful of the studies and make sure they are being done properly and are being peer reviewed properly.  

I'll put up another post later with new graphs.   Not that I trust any of the data anymore.


No comments: